I will just say one thing negative to start off. It’s pretty evident and seems to be a common theme in all too many people’s lives, but this year has got to go. I am more than ready for a new beginning, even though we don’t need a new year to make changes or feel them but something about a totally clean slate feels invigorating. There was so much loss and sadness in this year, but I am leaving it feeling hopeful and dreaming big. Instead of dwelling on what will soon be the past year, I wanted to recap the highlights of this year because amidst the bad, there was some really good things. And at the end of the day, the good ones are the ones that really count.
- Running! This year I accomplished mileage I never even dreamed I was capable of doing. After weeks and weeks of not being able to run due to really bad shin splints, I made a come back in early June that had me running my first long run of over 9 miles by the end of the month! I had an amazing summer of running where I made my way to a long run of 10 miles! I am so blessed and lucky to have the ability and passion for running. If it weren’t for running and working out in general, I wouldn’t have made it through this year. Endorphin’s are life savers!
- Meeting DETECTIVE ELLIOT STABLER (Chris Meloni)!!!!
SERIOUSLY I still can’t believe this happened. I watch an absurd amount of Law & Order: SVU that I figured it was bound to happen one day. I’m still waiting for him to track me down and propose to me but he is a pretty busy guy so it might be awhile? Also, I lost my best friend Brenda due to this incident. She wasn’t happy that he fell in love and found me first 😦
- Being in the NY Times.
That’s a serious bucket list check mark. Still pinching myself that I made it into the NY Times style section because Bill Cunningham liked my look. UNREAL! 🙂 (I’m the Marc Jacobs bag smiling fool with the arm that is NOT that big, again bad angle! haha)
- Ridiculously fun, stomach-hurts-from-laughing-so-hard times with my amazing friends & family.
My favorite thing in the world to do is laugh. Deep, belly laughs from being completely careless about topics of conversation, whatever. I will do pretty much anything to make people laugh. I love getting drunk with my friends because it takes our already insane selves to the next level, which very few people can handle. I am also blessed to have been raised in a family that adores to laugh and be so silly all the time. Some of my favorite moments from 2012 with these crazy people that allow me to be in their life:
Ha! Luckily these pictures don’t show the shenanigans we get ourselves into. That’s a whole other post…
- Paying off a major portion of my debt. This is the one resolution I had for this year that I blew out of the water! Since the beginning of 2012, I got hella serious about saving money and cutting out unnecessary money spending habits (umm except for Starbucks.. still working on cutting back but made progress!). Hence why I repeat outfits in many of my pics! Haha I did NOT do much shopping this year but at the same time, I learned to appreciate the pieces I do have and mix them up. I successfully paid off 8 of my credit cards! Yes, it’s awful that I still have 3 more to go but hey, what counts is that I am getting them paid off! This has freed up enough so that I am able to save money just for savings from my paychecks. It feels so good!
- Blogging. I may not blog as often as I would like, but having this is an outlet for a topic that is on my mind 24/7, health and fitness, is such a blessing. I LOVE reading my favorite blogs every day and feeling a huge sense of fitting in with other like-minded people. I hope to meet all my favorite bloggers in person and I hope to make more friends through this wonderful community! Love you all!
I am really looking forward to 2013 as a clean slate, as new years always are. I pray that this year is a little easier on all of us, and I wish good health and happiness for everyone! Happy New Year!! Join me and leave me a comment telling me some great things about your year! 🙂